View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #48
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: 2003 LSx swap thread...here we go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom 68 View Post
I am kindof tight when it comes to that stuff. But it sounds like you are tight on time. I could never make myself spend that dough on an install but I do have more time to spend on it so I do understand.
To me if you already have the engine and the harness done he seems high. Is he going to tear down and rebuild your motor? I am not sure what kindof warranty he will give you on "everything he does".
Basically you need to buy you some motor mounts to mount the new to the old get an engine hoist and drop it in place. Bolt it up. You may need to modify your tranny mount but I am not even sure of that with what is out there. You have the hard part done with your fuel doing your TPI unless you are going to redo it.
Hook up your wires and start it... Ok I left a couple steps out but they are no different than any engine swap.
Good luck Andy on which ever way you go it will make a fun beast.
Dave
I have the motor mount plates already. He garrinties the whole thing tune setting up the exshaust. Transmission everything he installs headers. He said it will be ready to drive when I pick it up. I just don't have the space are the time to do it at the house. No I really don't want to spend that much on the install but just can't see getting it done. I also have a golf cart torn a part rebuilding it also for my niece and nephew. I have the garage full of parts and carts and it's driving me crazy. I promised the cart to them for Christmas.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote