View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #12
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Awesome. You can get the frame all cleaned up and ready to go before the body even goes on it.
Turns out... the guy that has the frame has a body shop he runs with his dad and uncle. So for a few more bucks he's going to degrease/prep the frame and shoot it with a primer, and then with an automotive chassis paint! It will be so nice to take stuff from my clean truck to a clean frame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Awesome news on the frame! Are you on the Northwest FB page?
I don't think I am... I'll have to go double check. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
So nice to see this one getting rebuilt. I always thought it had such a cool character to it with that particular color blue, black roof and slots. Just plain cool. Best of luck with the rebuild and glad to hear you made it through the accident all right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorri34 View Post
Great to hear about the frame and cant wait to see you rebuild, I hope you stay with this color, This is one of my favorite trucks on here man!!
Thanks you'se guys.. I am going to stay with the original "Medium Green" color and keeping the black top as well. It was originally White top/Medium Green body from the factory. But the Previous Owner painted the top black. It was one of the things that made me want this truck.

Oh... and here's an old guy tip for you younger cats... when tearing a rig down, get a couple boxes of Ziploc bags. I use sandwich size and quart size. Plus a Sharpie... to label EVERYTHING! Because after a project sit for weeks, months or years... you'll forget where things go. Also get some masking tape and mark all your electrical lines and vacuum hoses. You'll thank me later!

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.