Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #21
gigamanx

Re: '50 chevy 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
there is no free lunch. s10/IFS, both are a lot of damn work but in different ways. I was trying to impress on you that mounting the body is literally one of the easiest parts with either. building cab and running board mounts and modifying the core support is very minor compared to installing a modern driveline and upgrading the pedals, wiring, and other systems. with an IFS you save the sheetmetal mounting but everything else is still 1:1, you still need pedals and a hydraulic system, steering column and wiring harness, engine and trans mounting, rear axle and shocks, lowering components and a gas tank, etc etc etc.
Perfectly stated. I might also add that I've noticed the aftermarket parts list for the S10 seems a lot longer than a Chevy 3100. Sure, plenty of places to find original stuff for a restoration, but if you want a modified vehicle, the S10 seems easier to find things IMO.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote