View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #16
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: What's your best theft deterrent ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillik View Post
3 on the Tree is a pretty good deterrent. Most under 30 probably never heard of it lol.
You say that, somewhat jokingly, but it is probably true.
Waay back, in my teens, my mother had her '70 Maverick painted at a local Ford dealer. There was really nothing wrong with it, other than the fact that the original paint was "dead", lost it's shine after 10 years or so. She went to pick it up and they sent the "kid" out to get it and bring it around for her. You guessed it, three on the tree, backed into a spot against the building, parked as many people do.....in reverse.
Yup, the kid fired it up......right into on of those big forked fire hydrant fittings that was on that wall. Destroyed the rear of and unwrecked, fresh painted car, because he thought it was an automatic in park.
Clutch pedal safety switches came much later. Heck, I bought a Mazda minitruck new in '86 and it didn't even have that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote