View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #14
gag1025

Re: Starting a new build...

The only thing I had to replace on my 1953 3100 was the entire bed because most of the original beds are pretty beat up. I also used a bolt on Mustang II bolt on front suspension from Chassis Engineering and it went on without a hitch. Very easy to attach. No welding required and no boxing required as well. You make one measurement on each side and the system is lined up perfect. If you drill the front top hole at the precise measurement given there is no way the system will be anything else but perfect. We marked the spots to drill and made several measurements to all areas of the truck and found out every one was dead on perfect. Then we drilled. The instructions are very easy to read and they are very thorough. If I had to do it over again I would use it again but I would also look at the system Justin has at Scott's Hot Rods. I was not aware that Scott's Hot Rods sold these units until I became a member on here. I would probably go with his system simply because I like to purchase products from people who are friends as well as people who I am acquainted with on sites like this. The fact is I had ordered most of my parts before I ever looked at this site. I wish I had waited and ordered all of my parts from Justin. So, do yourself a favor and go to his site and see what he has. I know you will like like what you see. I did order my Gotta Show hoses from him and I will tell you that they are much more cordial to work with than most of the people at the other companies. Most of them I have dealt with had personalities like Zombies. This was not the case with Justin and his crew at Scott's Hot Rods. Hey, I just wrote a commercial. I have included a couple of photos showing how simple it is to attach this suspension system. If you would like I will take a picture of the completed front end and post it. I used 8 inch AR wheels on the rear and 7 inch AR wheels on the front. The rear tires are 255 70 15 and the front tires are 225 70 15. The truck has a 2 inch rake from back to front. I love the stance.
Attached Images

Last edited by gag1025; 05-22-2014 at 12:18 PM.
gag1025 is offline   Reply With Quote