View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #22
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Which car hauler trailer to buy for my long bed?

I've looked and so far have never found a Trailer stretcher. The last I had was an 18 ft and I always wished it was longer until I needed to park it or store it. I don't think I would be happy with less than 20 but I would have a hard time finding parking for even a 16 where I'm living right now. Tilts are nice but ramps work well, just a little harder to line up. My neighbor has ramps but his sons Mushtang is too low to clear them so he got a set of low ramps that the end of his trailer ramps sit on to make a longer more gradual transition. The Mushtang is so low it bumps the front on a tilt. Some of the better trailers I've seen lately have a receiver welded to the front so that a winch can be mounted/dismounted easily. One was for a Jeep and it also had a receiver so the winch could be used on both. There' no one right answer for everyone but some things to add to the thought process to get closest to what will work best for you.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote