View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #10
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Post your best budget mods! ($50 or less)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe72 View Post
$50 will get you some sandpaper, can of primer, can of black and a can of chevy orange.
Time will get you cleaning up your engine compartment. With some left over for a six pack of your beverage of choice and a bag of chips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrumpipeline View Post
$50 on eBay can do wonders, I got myself a full tail light and deluxe marker kit with lenses, bezels, and gaskets with shipping to canada for just under and although they are repro they look super nice and I traded the fleetside tail light setup for a case of beer. I find that patience and upping bids by $2.75 over a round common number can be just enough to steal an auction
These are both great points.

For a cheap facelift...

On a 69-70 grille, clean it up and then mask off and re-paint the black and that really dresses up the front end. To take it a step further if it's dull....use drain cleaner to strip off the anodizing and then polish it and then paint the black and clear over all of it.

One thing I like on a 71-72 with a cracked inner grille is to glue the pieces together and spray it with a satin black paint. Adds a custom look and hides the cracks.

On a 69-70 grille, clean it up and then mask off and re-paint the black and that really dresses up the front end.

On a 67-68 painting it white is a nice way to accent it if it's painted body color or repainting if faded...