View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #90
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: post up your camping pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
DirtyLarry, VERY cool looking stove & sink, that thing would like double your counter space!, how much do something like that go for? solar is great to have too, (got a real small one for the truck batteries) but your only getting 3-4 days? does,nt your eight point one have dual batts?
yes, let us know how it works, i'm really liking the concept
It did free up a lot of counter space. Not sure what they cost, I think the SMEV stove/sinks go for around $500 but I did some trade work with the builder that built my camper for it. I did a bunch of work to their GMT400 truck and they remodeled my galley and installed the solar panel on the roof. On the other hand, the solar system was pretty inexpensive. $200 for the 100W panel, charge controller, wiring, etc. Not a bad deal. I’m not sure how many days I will get but I’m hoping for endless days with sunshine.

The truck actually has 3 batteries. A chassis start battery on the RH side of the radiator support, a camper/winch battery on the left side then another camper battery in the camper. The camper battery under the hood and inside the camper are tied to each other. There is also an isolator to separate the two camper batteries from the chassis battery.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote