View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 11:43 PM   #13
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: For those of you who've done a power disc swap how'd you extend the pushrod???

A couple of things. That .200" gap is too much. I will have to check and see what the acceptable clearance is. next is the master you are using. If you are using a stock truck master for a disc/drum system, that is not correct. You also need a disc/disc prop valve or an adjustable valve in the rear circuit. Depending on just what calipers you are running, you should have at least a '77-'84(?) Corvette master or maybe a different one all together. This thread may be of help.

https://ck5.com/forums/threads/4whee...linder.174038/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baketown Scotty View Post
I'm having some issues with my brakes and think it may have something to do with the geometry or just length. 1969 Blazer, 10 bolt front with disc, 14 bolt rear that I just switched to disc. Switched to mid 70's MC and have .20'' between MC pushrod and contact point in MC. As far as I know its a stock booster. What dimensions do I need on the rod between the pedal and the booster? The clevis in engine bay from booster is tight up against the firewall, is that normal or should I have a gap? What dimensions should I be looking for? Bench bled MC. Trying to bleed lines and can't seem to pump up any pressure. Tried bleeding with a partner. Also attached a clear tube to each of the 4 bleeders and taped them to side of Blazer so they reached above MC to try and get all air out. Just can't build up pressure. Suggestions?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote