View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #15
SCOTI

Re: Small drops on 3/4 - 1 tons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dst0ck View Post
Thanks, I've got a '65 with full PB and bags. Doesn't ride nearly as good as I was hoping when I built it. It's on 35 series tires though, so you feel every grain of sand on the road.

I actually don't mind the leaf rear ends. I've owned everything from traverse leaf spring model a rat rods to new CTSV's and this truck rides closer to the top of that spectrum (the tall balloon tires really help)

Just not sold on a 4 link or bags yet for this build. And the front end is already pretty low. I need to measure it later this evening. I imagine some drop spindles (which would force me to buy bigger wheels) and a shackle + drop hanger might get me where I want while still maintaining the ride.

I have found a 2.5" c20 spindle, is that the same balljoints/tie rods as the c30? I would be a lot more comfortable with that drop due to the front end being heavy and low already.
Still running OE steel 16's w/my drop spindles.
I never came across a 2.5" drop spindle for a HD 20/30 series when I looked for mine. Western & Bell Tech only had a 3" version. Who is the manufacturer?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 10-12-2017 at 06:58 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote