View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: GMC used truck owned by an old guy

With Pontiac and Oldsmobile gone it's Buick/GMC mostly. We have dealerships now that sell GMC and Chevy trucks. Funny how the popular view is Chevy truck first and GMC second when Chevy trucks are GMC's younger brother. GMC started out as it's own truck manufacturer before General Motors bought them and changed the name. GMCs and Buicks are two of the oldest continuously operating automotive companies in the world. People ask why does GM still make GMCs when they are the same as Chevys when the question that makes more sense to me is why does GM still make Chevy trucks when GM already has a truck company. Chrysler just did break their trucks away from Dodge and give their own brand. After all these years they decided to use what GM has done all along with GMC Truck

I'm surprised no one has related the topic of this thread to the saying, "GMC stands for Grown Man's Chevy"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote