Thread: TKO 600 swap
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 12:20 AM   #9
mikentosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cse View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I've got a line on a local high hump and pedal assembly out of a 77. The plan right now will be to run oem pedals with a Wilwood master. I will post up some pictures as I get in to it.

@Mikentosh - Thanks for the tip on making the Wilwood master survive. I really enjoyed both the Cannonball and Sierra Grande builds. Both awesome trucks. There is a good picture of the Sierra Grande firewall showing the brake and clutch master. I noticed that the factory booster is gone at that point. Was the booster removed to make room for the clutch master, or was the plan to run without a booster from the beginning? No booster on a pro-touring track truck goes without saying, but not sure about my DD, city truck.

Jim
My original plans was to run a hydroboost setup, but enough time on lateral-g convinced me to run a pure manual setup. And to be honest if you have the proper pedal ratio then a manual setup can be pretty easy to drive. I don't really have to adjust that much jumping between cars, though I have quite the spread from manual brakes on the truck, to a big brake setup on the M3, to regenerative braking on my daily driver electric car.

The Sierra Grande is now using a factory manual brake M/C and it's actually a light, smooth pedal stroke. On a heavier duty truck I would still consider running a hydroboost setup.
Posted via Mobile Device
mikentosh is offline   Reply With Quote