View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #13
1968k20

Re: Please help with 71K20 suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I'd like to hear why you think the drop drag links suck. I've used several and never had a problem. A few were on trucks with 12"+ lift, some with 6-8", and I have one on my 72 K30 right now. They sure beat a POS lift block that shears studs on a D60.

1968K20, that steering arm is listed by most places as needed on 4"-6" lifts. But it really depends on who's lift kit you get. Places use different springs and rates and that can effect the drag link. I would definitely check the pitman arm on the box and make sure it isn't worn from being loose. I've ran the same steering arm as you on lifted K20s with D44s a lot of times and they worked pretty well. Your drag link going down hill towards the steering box could cause some bump steer. I've always tried to get mine close to level but angled slightly to the rear if possible like the thread SweetK30 posted.
Thank you! The steering does feel funny. At slow speeds, it feels like it " catches", and at higher speeds, I do have to keep on top of the steerin g wheel, because it wants to wander in the lane.
My problem is, I replaced the steering box at the same time, and assume that it was a poor rebuild? It could be the tie rods ends as well, so I am not exactly sure where to start. I bought the drop drag link hoping that I could just bolt everything together!
Yanmar Tractor 3 Cyl Diesel
1968k20 is offline   Reply With Quote