View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #100
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERASER5 View Post
Some how I missed this one, so I read it all today. And I will admit that my minion alarm did go off a few times. That may be what I like about this build. Different. Just courious about the hydro boost. I would think that the electric power booster (Caddy type) would fit in a tighter place than the hydro. But then it is easy to spend someone elses money.

Oh yea, BEDO BEDO BEDO BEDO.....
Well the master is a cast iron Corvette master (well actually a CPP Corvette master), and that works with the hydroboost. I'm going to be using a Scotts Hotrods cover for the master and adding Wilwood remote (additional) reservoirs. The Scotts cover has the provisions for the remotes. My brakes should hold about a liter of brake fluid about double what a typical Corvette would hold. Electric assist seems kind of like new age voodoo to me, probably isn't and lots of things on my project will seem like new age voodoo to most of the members on this forum. Maybe the 'Vette master could be made to work with the Caddy electric booster, I'm not sure but there is lots of resources for hydroboost so that's what I went with.

I have a lot into the brakes on this build, more than is sane perhaps, but I'm pretty content in the quality of the parts and think I've done about the best I could come up with and still have it easily servicable down the road. Most everything breakable is available from multiple vendors and most should even be easily available in the used market for decades, and this is why I did the route I did.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote