View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #114
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

No improvement gained with moving the gate around. It just wants to be where it is.
I did get the carpet out and removed the aftermarket foam pad that had been put in on top of the factory sound deadener. No heat here! (If you look at the photo you can see the places that the foam melted over the mufflers. ) "Honey what's that smell? Oh it's nothing dear". I then pulled all the old sound deadener up and prepared some rusted spots for spot painting with POR15. All in all the floor board is in really good shape, with the exception that it has 35 extra holes drilled in it that are 1/4" to 3/8" and at least a dozen more smaller ones. Think I will try to find some rubber plugs for the bigger ones. The WMB looks to have had bucket seats once and I think that six of the holes went to some stereo equipment under the second row seat. There are lot of holes in the vertical piece that goes between the floor under the back seat and the wood deck in the back. Maybe some kind of bang board? Who knows? Going to put down B- Quite mat with some window seal tape to quite things down. Moving the mufflers will help with the heat.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote