View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #5641
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Well, after a good 16 hours with de-greaser and lots of scrubbing, here's a clean slate for the final phase of take-off. I thought to use a steamer, but none available, and they want near $200 to rent just a high pressure sprayer. No thanks, I did it the hard way.

On a side, my chassis was in the drive-way not 48 hours when my neighbor walked up the drive-way, 1st time in 14 years. He had his 24/7 pouty face on, and only said "how long will this be in the driveway?" I said, "couple days, eye-sore huh?" He says yeah and walks away as I burst out laughing. But then I got teed off and told him to "go back to [insert State]", which is a certain State west of here. I'm not confrontational, but these people are bad. They're not satisfied unless up in your business. They're fully indoctrinated and miserable. Truth is, they probably don't appreciate the looks of my 72 in the driveway like I do. A real shame

Just an observation, gaskets and the hot sun don't mix. My transmission has a slow leak or so, but it was anything but slow sitting in the hot sun. A canvas slowed the leaks to normal, & the gaskets sealed by cooling the transmission with water.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 08-03-2017 at 04:32 PM.