View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #6
landarts
landarts

Re: Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500

So after getting the truck home I decided to get as much dirt and dust off of the truck so that it would make it a little easier to work on. Power washed the entire truck on the outside and underneath. Decided I would start at the top of the list number 1. Get it running if the motor is good and all system that support it are working properly

Checked fluids and proceeded to hook up a battery, when I was making the last connection the truck was trying to start on its own. OK figured either I have a stuck solenoid or a ignition problem. Got down underneath and tapped on the starter a few times with hammer, went back on top and tried connecting the battery again and this time it was not trying to start on its own. I then poured a little gas down the carb and turned the key, it started right up no problem. I let it run until the gas I poured down the carb was gone. I also noticed when I poured the gas down the carb that the carb gaskets must of been dried out because I could see gas leaking from the side and figured I would need to rebuild it. Off to Napa Auto for a few items.

The pictures of how it looks now and one with the carb that was removed and rebuilt.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote