View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #50
Sillyoldman

Re: Any ideas how to keep people from driving on my lawn?

The gate is not optional. Several years ago I put a fence up. It was not a popular decision for those left on the other side. My neighbors on the private road (My side of the fence) all supported my decision. It literally kept hundreds of people off our property. Recently one of the supporting neighbors had a change of heart. School had just started. He asked for the fence to come down so that his teen aged son could walk to school without having to go through the woods. There is a trail at the top of his driveway that goes through maybe 100 yards of woods. My wife and I took a firm stance in not removing the fence. The old easement was thrown in our face. I told them that Im not going against an easement. Their easement ends at the end of my property which is where the fence is. We have not spoken since. Thats all good. Never cared for them much. Last winter a tree came down and blocked the road. He ran to all the neighbors banging on doors to have the tree cut up and removed so he could get to work. That was ok. Me and another neighbor took care of it while this knucklehead sat in his warm car. One cleared he took off. No "Thanks" no wave or nothing. Anyway If I put up a gate I'd be liable to see another about mid way down the road. I have the foot traffic managed to a tolerable rate. Theres definatly a fragile balance right now. I get the feeling that enforcement of my property rights could be disturbed legally if I do much more. I know Im in the right, but I cant afford a lawyer to defend myself if anyone decides to press the issue

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote