View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #57
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: 71 350 running hot coolant backup up problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
Confirm the actual temp with a temp gun or mechanical gauge instead of spending all of this money on guesses.
These are not guesses, I am proving hypothesis, some people said its because I am running water, well I already had coolant so I tried it with 50/50, others said try a different thermostat, ok, a thermostat was only $7 bucks and a gasket was only $2 bucks, hardly any money. The $15 I spent on a new water neck was because the old one had a leak because it was pitted.

And not trying to argue with you but what exactly is a temp gun going to tell me, it will not match the temp on the gauge anyway. If I point it at the upper radiator hose it will read different, if I point at the driver metal cylinder head it will read different, if I pointed at the lower radiator hose it will read different, and different again for the intake manifold by the thermostat. So honestly and not facetiously what am I going to do with all those numbers when non of them will match my gauge.

And I know something aint right because of the lack of flow in the radiator, that's the first thing I said, it backs up.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote