View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #9
DanSaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
Do you want to run a manual switch or vacuum controlled lockup kit? I have one wired to a toggle switch so I can control it to lock up when I want, it was a temp fix since my computer ('87 GMC) wouldn't control the lockup and I was driving across the country. I have since swapped it from TBI to carb and retained the toggle switch for the lockup. Works fine, though there are plenty of people who say it's a bad idea due to panic stopping etc. I've never had an issue.
Couple different companies make vacuum controlled lockup kits, basically same operation as a toggle except the vacuum switch opens or closes the circuit. Either way sends 12 volts to the trans when the switch is closed. TCI is one company that comes to mind.
I don't remember the position of the wires on the 4 pin connector on the trans. A may be 12V and B ground, but double check that.
That's what I need to find out. I'm trying to avoid using a vacuum switch or brake light switch. Not worried about being locked up and slowing down, it only works in 4th and it downshifts pretty easily with 4:56s.
Posted via Mobile Device
DanSaco is offline   Reply With Quote