View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #19
PHAT TONY

Re: Latest Obsession; 1972 2WD Blazer.

Believe me, I've been putting off blowing this truck apart 'cause it is the original steel, but the only reasonably solid part was the w/shield frame and dash; I cut them off and kept 'em! To repair the body would have been a box floor, cab floor, rockers, boxes, kick's, wheel houses, box sides etc etc(should've seen that thing fold up anywhere I grabbed it). Now to strip the frame, clean it and re-assemble with 4" drop springs in rear, 2 1/2" spindles-I'll decide how much front spring once the weight is back on the chassis. I have a rebuilt 3:73 diff but it's 6-bolt as are my rotors(these parts were for a '67 short box I started), I'd like to use 6-bolt rallies as the bigger slots look more pronounced to me but I'm concerned about the difference in track width front to rear. The truck will be a similar green with green int, not sure on roof color yet but I've picked a nice Mercedes green pearl. The 350 that's in it seems smooth and strong, I have an un-assembled vortec 350, but... It also gets a 700r4 but basically stays pretty stock in and out. I'd sure like to find out how many of these are in Canada, I've been told that mine makes 5 known in Alberta but nothings verified.
PHAT TONY is offline   Reply With Quote