View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
jocko

Re: to make a long bed a short bed?

Honestly, I wouldn't muck with shortening the wheel arches. And I agree that the Trucks guys should've filled the stake pocket, I mean, they sure have the tools laying around to do it! It would have no longer been centered either.

But the wheel arch - I'd be real hesitant to see it cut because I'd be concerned that it wouldn't match with a smooth flowing straight line at the new juncture. I realize the arch is pretty flat in that area, but... Consider this - back a year or so ago when the subj of swb vs lwb arches came up - you'd be amazed how many folks didn't know there even was a difference. Even after staring at pictures, some didn't believe. (it took me a while). In fact, I watched the entire Trucks series on DVD more than once, and I never even noticed it was longer on the lwb (and they didn't mention it).

I would not feel like you're gonna have something goofy if you don't cut the arch - you won't. I've never seen any of the long-to-short conversions cut the arch, just the amounts mentioned above in front of the rear stake pocket and behind the front stake pocket.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote