View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #14
schpeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Nice job and way to go after it with a bang! I think LMC also sources carpet from ACC so you're probably good. Depending on if you got the mass backing and jute underlayment.....might be good to refresh the jute matting too.

The canopy bolts are the funky open star type thing, but screw into some flat plate nuts of some sort. I had one bad one so went to home depot and got a flat bar that was the right thickness. Then drilled and tapped it. Then cut off the length I needed and inserted into the channel on the bottom side of the bed rail. Works great and is like the rest of them. They need to slide in the small channel just a little bit so you have flexibility getting the bolt in once the top has been dropped

Take the interior side panels off and you'll gain access to the bottom rail where you can replace the flat bar nuts.

I start with the front cab bolts first to get it sucked in better, and then do the bedrail bolts.

Lets see some pics too!

You'll always find more things to do....and spend on these trucks. It's fun though!
Posted via Mobile Device

That's good advice thank you very much I believe I will try and pull out the seats today so I will also pull those side panels and drill and tap a plate as you suggested Then I want to start pulling out the dash

Last edited by schpeen; 11-19-2016 at 08:45 AM.
schpeen is offline   Reply With Quote