Thread: What lift
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #12
72 k15

Re: What lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILT4ME View Post
This is our 70 GMC K2500 with the Skyjacker Softride 4" lift and 33" tires (BFG KO2)

I recommend to go with the softest shocks. We went with the Nitro's and they are very stiff.

The only install issues we had are:
1) Needing some new hardware (bolts for the shackles and pivot points, as the kit does NOT come with any hardware)
2) The front shackle had the steel tube was about 1/8" too long. We had to grind it off to fit in the shackle mount (both sides)
3) The steering shock was not even close to the right design for our truck. Ours is an oddball being a 1970 K2500.

You WILL need longer parking brake cable housings at the wheel. We had to go about 6" longer than our originals. (We used Inline Tube for them)

If you need a set, we MAY have a set the correct length for you. They are slightly used, but we'll make a good deal. Our standard housings are 2-1/2" longer than all other standard ones to begin with. The 72's have a slightly different configuration.

Sorry, I cannot post pics right now. Not sure what's up.
Picture would be nice but no problem now I am questioning the 2.5” or 4” again now
72 k15 is offline   Reply With Quote