View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Met a wise guy yesterday

Ive been taking in my piles of old wheels and tires to have them dismounted. I keep the wheels, they dispose of the tires.

Rolled in and there was a fella there in a little Nissan 4x4. He looks at my GMC and says, I see you are like me. How's that? I drive a Nissan, wish I had a Toyota. You drive a GMC wish you had a Chevy. Oh man did he find that amusing. Wow kinda harsh dude. Naw man, I'm just giving you a hard time, did you know that GMC's are for guys that cant afford Chevys? This guy was on a roll.

He said he would like to put a 350 in his Nissan someday. I got him here. This one has a 454. Then he tells me he as a 454 he would like to sell, hmmm, interesting. He says he will take 200 bucks for it, only has 30,000 miles on it. Sitting in a mid 70s motor home they are parting out. I doubt the miles, but if its a rebuildable 454 it might be an option for me. Have it rebuilt so I can keep driving my GMC and be able to swap it out when its finished without much downtime for my truck.

So I grab my little notebook I keep in the truck. Here bud give me your name and phone number, maybe I can come take a look at the engine ( I actually have no idea if this is even a good 454 candidate worth rebuilding, going to have to do a little research as in call Livrat lol) Its in Spanaway, pretty good drive for me, we'll see.

So he hands me back my notebook before he drives off. Oh hey, do you know what GMC stands for? (ugh) No, what? Gay Mans Chevy ... he laughs and drives off.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote