Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 05:38 PM   #1889
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_ShortFleet View Post
What do you suggest for wheels? I really want Forgeline, but they are spendy. What is an economical wheel that will handle the abuse of autocross? What diameter should I run?
The $64,000 question. For true performance, there are two factors. Strength and weight. Wheel and tire weight is the worst weight on the truck. Un-Sprung and rotating. Forgeline is popular for this reason. CCW, Formula 43, and Raceline are some more. Size may play a factor in wheel choice. Enkie makes a very strong and light wheel, but they don't make them very big. When it comes to size, part of that is for the 'look'. For the performance side, I would size to the current trend in tires. That would be 18" or 19". Do your homework on what tire sizes are available, and for what cars (corvettes, Vipers and suck) because the tire companies will not leave these customers hangin, not true for a C10 racer who likes 335/30/18's - we're just not plentiful enough for them to care. If I was doing a fresh build (without $$ concern) I would go 19x11 all around and run the Bridgestone RE-71 in a 305 (measures as wide as most 325's). Back in reality, my current new build "Goldy", a perf/driver, is on 20 x 10 Coys with 295 BFG's. Caution, many guys with 20's that are auto-Xin gwish they had 18's for better tire choice. Let us know.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote