View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #33
cooperhw

Re: Calling all slicers and dicers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
No worries man I'm not being negative and I don't think you are.

The lift clearance I'm taking about is the front fenders lifting high enough so that your tires won't rub the fenders when you turn. I am going to have to shorten my control arms to tuck the tires in because my tires rub my fenders when turning.

I lowered my engine after Zing it. Saved a lot of tunneling. I'm going to probably need to lift it a bit because I didn't account for the forward sump difference between my oil pans.

I really think a regular Z of 2 inches will be the least about of work and we know there aren't many hidden issues that will arise. I know you are concerned about it being straight but I don't think you will have a problem.

I would also move your front wheels forward when you do it either way. My tires barely clear the firewall and I moved my wheels forward an inch.
Thanks man. I am def. not trying to be negative nor do I think you are. I am actually trying to wrap my mind around all of the pros and cons. I am actually thinking I would rather notch into the cab for clearance on the back side of the tires. You do bring up a good point of tires rubbing the inside of the fenders. Is this only an issue when you are aired out all the way? Could some of this be corrected with different size tires/wheels? I don't have any yet so I can buy any size/offset needed when I get to that point. I saw a post once where a guy moved the wheelwell opening up a couple inches and forward with a little sheet metal surgery. Matched the back openings perfectly. It was cool.
Later,

I really do appreciate the feedback as you are the kinda guy I am wanting to bounce my crazy ideas off of.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote