View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 10:18 AM   #28
dracko

Re: Correctly made window beltline felts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdad View Post
Feeling your pain... Love the truck color by the way. It is nearly 100% proof if the manufacturer says that you need to bend the attachment point on the door to install their product.... They know the felt strips are not right and have unwittingly acknowledge that by telling someone to bend the flange to accommodate their product.. Over here shaking my head because the first thing I did was bend the flange over to make room for these felt strips. Then I took the window attachment channel out and removed the glass and sanded the outside of the channel to smooth it. Then I ground down all of the excess material at the mounting points. On a separate note I was working on other areas of the truck yesterday and thinking to myself if a had a roller press I could feed these felt strips through the rollers and compress them to be as thin as the originals... Guess I will keep the options open until the new strips show up.

Good luck to all and we will report back soon...
Thanks man, choosing a color took years off my life.

Prior to seeing that there is hope in another product, I also decided to modify the window on the PS to get it to fit, took the glass out, cleaned the channel it sits it and then evenly pinched it a tad with my vice so the glass still fits in it but it’s narrower. Instead of thicker butyl tape I was planning to set it with urethane caulk.
dracko is offline   Reply With Quote