View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #15
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: SBC Alu Heads Designed for Torque

Yeah there are a lot of darn sharp guys out there. I used to use Jay Allen (Caminnovations) before his mouth got him in trouble. I wasn't paying for his personality so his frustration he had over people that wanted him to work out a can design,, and then took his work and bought a shelf stock Comp, Lunati, Crower etc didn't bother me. You can't get 'stuff' like the roller in my Camino off the shelf...

220 / 226 @ 0.050, .568 / .566 lift with 1.5 rockers on a 113.5 LSA. That's something like I'd like to see on this towing motor with a set of AFR 180's

People call and expect a custom cam designer to spew out numbers for them,, it don't work that way. They put a LOT of time into coming up with what is 'right' for your particular pile of parts. Thats how they make their living.

I guess all that's saying is,,, Expecting a custom cam designer to come up with a suggestion for a cam is just asking them to work for free. YOU wouldn't do it,, don't ask them to. The way that works is you find one you trust, you PAY HIM and then he does his work.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote