View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #7
dsraven

Re: 1954 Truck, Mustang II, Caster Issue

it seems like there is ample room in the slotted area of the upper mount. maybe, like my 57 truck, you have miss matched parts from the supplier?
this is why, after it is already too late for me, I always advise guys to use the cross member that has the upper and lower control arm mounts already welded to the member at the manufacturer. that way the geometry is already engineered in before you get it and it is a matter of tacking it in at the rake angle you want and then assemble loosely to check.
maybe slide over to the heidt'ssite and check out their blurb "understanding independent front suspension" for some insight of how it should all look in relation to all the parts. it is somewhere in their catalogue. if you can't find it just call them and they will email it to you. they are really good that way. it is a great article with insights into bump steer etc if the parts are assembled out of geometry.
good luck. I know my TCI front end (I am pretty sure I was shipped the wrong crossmember) was a real bear to figure out. I borrowed a caster/camber alignment tool to check mine during/after assembly. like the one on longacre racing's website. $140 bucks to purchase.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote