View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 08:14 PM   #13
dmjlambert

Re: What is the hub diameter on a 1969 6-lug 2wd?

I've been watching this thread and now feel it's time to contribute conflicting information and generally add confusion, which is sometimes my specialty! We need some chaos!

I converted by 69 C10 to 71-72 5 lug. I went out to the garage with a ruler to measure the center hole on my old 6-lug wheels still sitting there and it is 3.5 inches. The 6-lug wheels fit into the hubs on the truck very well, hub centric mount. Luke87gt does this match what you actually have on your 69 C10 if you remove a wheel or hubcap and measure?

New 5-lug setup has 3 inch center hole.

I thought long and hard on my truck whether to stick with 6 lug or do 5 lug, and I've got to say I highly recommend 5 lug if disc brakes or new wheels are in the future. With 5 lug and C10 you can use all stock parts from 71 or later, and the only conversion thing you would need is rear axel shafts, which were inexpensive. And wheels are less expensive and easier to find and easier to just know they are compatible with disc brakes. Converting to 5 lug will also get you to change your rear bearing and seals, change the differential oil, and fix the broken pinion shaft lock bolt. Oh boy, more stuff to fix, even better.

I don't know what's up with the other measurements here in the thread, because I expect myself to be right, but maybe I'm wrong, who knows. I've been watching too much Visegrip Garage, I don't know.

Last edited by dmjlambert; 03-29-2024 at 08:27 PM.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote