Thread: Smoothest ride
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Smoothest ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestb View Post
On my 62 c10 I have a 77 front end with 2 inch drop coils and 2 inch drop spindles up front and a 4 inch drop coil and a one inch block in the rear. With new shorter shocks and shock relocaters all the way around and the ride is still pretty bumpy. I am considering going with bags without a compressor just to give it a soft ride. What do all think? Is there a better way? I have heard some say that bags are the softest smoothest ride you can get while others say you can get just as a good of a ride from coils. I don’t have low profile tires.
What springs are you using up front? What shocks? Is travel limited physically (bump-stops still in place)?
You shouldn't need shorter shocks in the front & they most likely are not helping your ride quality given your listed set-up.

Shorter shocks yield less travel. Ride quality is based on multiple factors. For those that are just driveway builders, the best option I've found is to keep it simple & keep the shocks as long as possible. OE replacement front shocks are short as is so I would not go shorter than them for sure. Use shock relocators to get @ least the factory travel dimensions.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote