View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #5
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

After 2 trips to Sacramento making full loads we got it all home and I still had a few hours to play. I started with sorting out engine parts to put it back together. I was able to find most of what I needed but had to make one parts trip so far.
I picked up a new PS return hose, battery, thermostat and a new carb to maniforl gasket. I still need to get a dist hold down bracket in the morning. I spent $80.09 on parts today and 2hrs 20min in labor. I removed the valve covers and cleaned the old intake gaskets. This motor looks like it is brand new on the inside so I hope it runs good. I then replaced the intake and set the motor for TDC and dropped in the dist. I could not find a dist clamp in the parts boxes so I will pick one up in the morning. I then replaced the battery box with a new one (that was in the bed) because it was rusted out. I also put in the new battery from Napa auto parts.

While looking for parts I did run accross a box in the bed that I was not aware of. It had two new stock mirrrors in it, lic plt bracket and light, gravel guards (don't know what they are) New rear bumper brackets and bolts

I am not sure how much more I will be getting done right now because as soon as it is warm enough I need to spray project lemon drop with high build primmer for block sanding and paint. But as time allows I wil up date this thread but their will be down time between posts, sorry but customers come first.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote