View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 08:48 PM   #11
1967gmckid

Re: 1967 GMC Pickup - Museum Quality

Thanks for the interest everyone. Basically the backstory is that my Grandfather back in 66 had his old farm truck breakdown so he decided to go get a new one which is this truck I have posted. With Grandpa being from depression days he drove the new truck back with parts to fix his old truck. So now the old truck is fixed and he continued to use that so he parked the new one back in one of his barns. My Grandfather was quite the packrat and I think eventually he forgot it was back there as it was stuffed behind some old tractors and farm equipment. It was eventually pulled out of the barn by my Dad and Grandfather about 8-10 years ago. My Dad took it to his place and got it shined back up and running again. The tank had to be pulled and cleaned since it had original gas in it and the carb was very rough so he had to have it cleaned up by a GM shop. The GM boxes that are on the passenger floor is the radio and antenae as I guess they were not installed directly back then by the factory. I could be wrong on that though.
1967gmckid is offline   Reply With Quote