View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 08:37 AM   #5
riz

Re: Axle shafts too tight??

Yes, but it won't go in far enough to install the c clip. I'm so stumped. I only goes in so far then it gets super tight..... so tight that if I give it a tap to see if it will go in further I need to hammer the back of the axle shaft to get it back out. The end of the shaft where the bearing should roll on is still sticking out so it's not even in on the bearing yet. It's like it's held up once it connects to the axle seal or something?

Question: Should the axle seal sit flush on the end of the axle tube? Mine is set in maybe about 1/8" or so...... not sure if that makes a difference or not.

The only thing new to the set up is the new bearings and seals.

Same axle shafts and everything. Is there blockage in the pumpkin end of the axle tube? The only splines it needs to line up with is the pumpkin gears, right?

Even when i remove the side pumpkin gears it will only go in so far and stop.... I tried that just in case I was having issues with the splines lining up... it seems that I am not.

I bought the bearings and seals from LMC Truck and there is only one rear bearing and seal in their catalog for the 81-87 1/2 ton. The bearings I got are part # 34-0520 and the seals I got are 34-0150.

Any help greatly appreciated.

81 C10 short box

82 K5 Blazer
riz is offline   Reply With Quote