View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #13
BigMike

Re: Drive shaft support bearing breaking.

Seems a few trucks have issues with these and others never do. I went through 3 "factory" replacement carrier bearings. After the second one went I thought my driveline was bent or something so I took my driveline assembly to Drivelines Inc. here in town & had it gone through. He said there was no issues with it so I just had him install HD U-Joints. About 100 miles later the 3rd CB went. So I went to CPP and bought their HD Aluminum unit. I have had people on here tell me it's this or it's that & they are a waste of money, BUT I have never had another issue with it. Some setups just seem to not like the factory ones. Granted my truck is low but nothing was binding, vibrating or anything else and was still having issues with the CB. I made sure to check the pinion angle which I fixed with a 4 or 6 degree angle shim (been a while so I don't remember which) when I initially dropped it. Now it is bagged & still have no issues. I went through a lot of time trying to figure out the issue before getting the CPP piece..
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote