View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #59
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

It appears to be a good time to buy wheels in England! with both Martin and Kerry buying wheels recently.

Not wanting to be left out I thought I'd post up a couple of pictures of the ones I bought a few weeks back, also on eBay.

Name:  ebay wheels.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  81.9 KB

Un-like Martin (300 mile round trip!) mine were much closer at mere 170 mile round trip, although they were in Jedburgh which is just over the Scottish border and as anyone who has driven the roads around the borders will tell you can't get anywhere fast.
They are 20" x 9" split rim style with 275 x 45 20 tyres, it's hard to tell from the pictures but the rims are polished and the spokes are painted, I may change the colour of the spokes to a darker grey.

Name:  Wheel 2.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  48.7 KB

The rears will need spacers to get them in the right place, the pictures are with the truck lowered (on the jack) about 2 - 3" so they will sit about 2 -3" further into the fender once I'm done.

Name:  Wheel 1.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  35.6 KB

I won't know about the fronts until I finish the disc brake conversion but the spaciing is fine on the drums

Name:  Wheel 3.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  39.1 KB

Once I have the drop spindles and coils fitted the front will sit 4" lower than the picture

Name:  IMG_1571.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  36.0 KB
ibrown50 is offline   Reply With Quote