View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #13
vectorit
What?

Re: 1968 Suburban K20 Past & Present build

I don't have any pictures of the rear wood floor project. Though I must say it was an ugly learning experience for me, since I did not know how the sheet was installed and everything was rusty or gummed up with road grime. It was a job for a saws all, and all but a few of the carriage bolts had to be busted off with a chisel or as I found to work well. Use a pair of good vise grips, get a good bite on the nut, and then work the bolt back and forth until it snapped.
All of the carriage bolts are of low grade steel, so they were easy to chisel or break.

I wish I had an easy way to explain how best to install the wood floor, other than you will figure it out soon enough if you plan to do this.

If I had to pass on a nugget of info on the floor. It would be to remove the spare tire tub, and to fit the piece ahead of the wheel well on the passenger side as a separate small piece. That's how the original was done, which was tongue & groove fitted. You will either do it that way, or figure something else out depending on your level of patience and time.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote