Thread: The 66 moneypit
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 11:58 PM   #1
oerman

The 66 moneypit

Hi,
I,m chris aka oerman from Belgium (europe) I love those little old trucks, also a big fan of old harleys and choppers (have some of my own)
a year ago a bought myself a 1966 swb stepside 283 manuel 3 shift
i ve been reading alot overhere for the past 3 weeks, i couldn,t find an introduction thread so i thaught it was a good idea to start with a build threat.
The story is that the truck has been standing for one year at my place but doing nothing with it because my garage/workspace is loaded with bikes...
After looking for more then a year i finally found another workspace to rent where i can start working on my truck.
The plan is to get the chassis as mecanical ok as possibel, allready have alot of new parts in house for that. Also gonna lower it a bit, just 2" in front and 4" in the rear and with springs only because i,ve to go to the inspection with the truck and they don,t like lowered cars and other updates...
The cabine need some new inner and outer rockers, kickpanels, cabcorners but trying to keep the stance it has now, so no paintjob...
gonna try to include some pictures for howfar i am now after a week of wrenching (not fulltime)
everybody loves pictures and its motivating for myself too...
Attached Images

oerman is offline   Reply With Quote