Thread: 55.2-59 55-59 ride heights
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 02:34 AM   #10
mdpaulson1

Re: 55-59 ride heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I'm not a visor guy on these trucks because they kinda have a visor look stock just like the '56 F100's do.

But I'd have LOVED to have a Cameo bed for my truck before it got final paint. I actually found a set of Cameo bed sides on Craigslist but then I looked into the availability and cost on all the accessories including the spare cover, tailgate latches and things like some of the bed side trim which is not reproduced. It gets REALLY expensive fast so I passed on the bedsides.

I really like your truck as-is too. But I totally "get" repainting it the factory color. I'll post one that isn't quite the same color but I loved it when I saw it I considered doing mine is way. Whatever color you end up choosing it'll look great.

Will you keep the fender mounted spare? Used to be I would not have wanted one. But now I kinda dig them. Have you ever seen one with a spare on both sides? You have to find a Canadian passenger side fender to do that. it's kinda cool.
There is a company that reproduces the trim, sides, bumpers and tail lights.
http://www.trucksandroadsters.com/cameo/index.html
costs a fortune but I can always dream. I missed a bed on CL for 4k a while back, cheap compared to
mdpaulson1 is offline   Reply With Quote