View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
LUCKIN-FOU
I'M NOT SCARED I HAVE A PLASMA

Re: S-10 BLAZER ON BOSS 338's

04] This is something I should have put in the very first post. I took one of the Tranny crossmembers that I had around the shop and put it up front. I saw a lot of flex in the front so I decided to make it tighter. This tubing is 1.75 X .120 D.O.M The bends were off so it doesn't lay flat. It won't be seen when the front end is on so it will be fine. I know some of these pictures are from another post. I just wanted to explain things a little better.

I put a gusset at each end just to be safe.

I made my top bars out of 1x.156 D.O.M This way all I have to do it tap the bar with my .75 x16". No need to bore the hole the tap just needs to be straight.

You can see in this picture I welded the bar. The bigger bar is 1.25 x .120 wall D.O.M I only needed two of the small bushings for the 2 X 2. So the other end is the big bushing I use. The one Inch slides right into the inch and a quarter. A couple of holes to rosette and weld top bars are done.

I set them at 27 degrees and made some brackets for the rear.

The lower bar brackets are old 4-Link. I cut up to fit on a piece of 2 X 2 I set my Bracket distance [ Inside bracket! to the frame ]1.5 from the frame

Now it is time to do all of the bottom welding so I can put in the stock gas tank.
garageinsidertv.com [FORUM]

WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T FISH. I GUESS I'M SCREWED BECAUSED I HATE FISHING.
LUCKIN-FOU is offline   Reply With Quote