View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 01:44 AM   #761
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I finally got that damn window channel in the drivers door! WHOO HOOOOO!!!

It may have looked like a simple problem if you didn't have it in front of you but this was not a quick fix. I couldn't get into the door to see it's location, and it was damaged when I removed it without thinking, 20 years ago! Thank goodness I had the extra, stock door, I tried and tried to see in there to get some kind of measurement, no luck, it was just impossible to get anything, I gave up and cut a hole, solved that problem! And it wasn't even close to what I was doing so I am damn glad I did that. It still was a muther of a job, I must have pulled that sucker like putting a crochet needle threw a pot older out of the door modifying it and putting it back in about 30 times! Geeez, but it's in and done deal, the window looks perfect. Thank goodness my door has the extra hole from a speaker that I could get a little more access. I finished up by cutting the inner frame and shaping it as needed and it's ready for welding. Now all I need is to get my oxy tank filled.

One thing I screwed up on was I had an extra pair of window frames so I could eliminate one cut by using the other frame and cutting it long. I did this and couldn't figure out why it wasn't fitting well. I then took the pieces of the two fames to find out that one was a different shape! Geeeez, it was from a 51-54 and it had knotch cut at the bottom for the vent window used on the later truck. What I didn't realize is the whole thing was different because they didn't use the thicker window frame around the glass! So I cut up the darn thing I could have sold.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote