View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #88
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrweld View Post
Yes I did. Got it home and drove it around a bit, looking at wheel and tire options now. I did buy Corvette style 8 & 10 inch ralleys for it but dont have them on yet. I pulled the engine to put a camshaft in that you can hear a tad bit, fix the oil leaks, and do some painting and found major troubles with the engine. The bottom timing gear key was about to shear, timing chain was wore out and 34% leakdown on the rings. That was the reason the oil pan was leaking so bad Im sure. I have got a replacement engine, 355, Eagle crank and H-beam rods, TRW forged flattop pistons, Thumper cam, Airgap intake, Coated headers, Hushpower mufflers in process of going back in. Im replacing the inner fender wells and battery tray, doing a major makeover on the engine compartment while I have it out.
I have to say Jerrett is a great guy to deal with. My timing was terrible on picking up the Blazer, I was setting in his driveway as he pulled in comming home from the hospital from his new baby being born. I felt terrible but we did the deal and we were both happy and on our way..
Jerrett is a really cool guy. Hate to see he sold it, but he'll end up with something else.

Make sure you get the June 8th Forum Get Together on your calendar. It is here in Mooresville. You should bring that sweet Blazer to it. So get that thing back on the road before June!
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote