View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #100
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5hart View Post
Wow! Your moving fast on the old Blazer. That sliding ragtop takes me back to my old mini truck days. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.
Yeah, I was a mini truck fan back in the day too. This is the perfect opportunity for a sliding ragtop because if I screw it up... I've got another top

Hey, are you coming out to the C/10 Cruise In on June 8th here in Mooresville? You would have no problem finding it, because it is off of Mazeppa Rd, which is ironically the same road that you take to get to Detroit Speed (where I met ya)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
Just so you are aware, seems the guys who have had those sliding tops done with vinyl have been far less happy with them than those that have had them done in canvas. Now most of this is old reviews from when these were mainly sold through Street Beat Customs, but still, I'd quiz Rick on that.

What size are you going for? I measured out the inset on the inside of the double wall at about 50x80 if I remember correctly. Are you planning to go all the way out to the inset size? This was my plan. I think that makes it like 2" larger than that for the outside hole and again 2" larger than that for the fabric, or something like that.
That is a good point... I need to ask them the specifics on this material. It has a canvas quality to it. It isn't "vinyl" as we know it for our trucks. But it IS listed as "Vinyl Top Material", so I just need to find out the fabric make up. Do you remember what they disliked about it. I can only assume that is may have cracked and not weathered good.

I was thinking 50"x70". Its been a while since I did the initial measurement, but I will have to look again.
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote