View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 04:34 AM   #169
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

Its VIDEO TIME....

I start by showing the above radiator setup before moving into the three things I accomplished today..

1) I final mounted the 84-87 C4 Corvette front swaybar mounts with the use of the Flat Out Engineering adapter kit. I basically made a 20mm box spacer from the lower chassis and put in a couple of rush tubes. With the +20 BMW rims the tyre just touches the swaybar at full lock. Once I go to a 0 offset this should leave 20mm clearance.... Choice.

2) I show the box of wizardry a friend of mine *NED made. With a 3 wire hookup (power, earth and signal) I can control the factory Commodore power/eco switch and ECU.

3) I started the mounting of the Commodore accelerator pedal. Looks like it should work a treat and allow everything engine and cooling related to be from the VT I got he engine from.

I also pulled apart the wiper motor the other day and that was a mess. Basically the power wire was just wrapped around the terminal and loose and there was only 1 screw holding the switch in so it had moved and was always on. Think I have fixed it but thats a job for tomorrow.

Q
QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote