View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #107
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Dropmember Competition ?? Have you guys seen this yet?

Why is everyone upset? Everyone is upset because Nathan designed a product that didn't exist for the 67-72 and 73-87's. He looked at a rapidly growing market, determined there was a need, and spent tons of hours in R&D building a front crossmember that would put our trucks on the ground with minimal modifications. The end results is a quality piece that isn't a copy or modified version of anything that existed.

While his price isn't considered cheap, it was certainly in line with the quality of the product. He brought that product to this forum along with his knowledge and allowed everyone to scrutinize, analyze, and criticize. In return he patiently answered questions, discussed design theory, and eliminated any fears that this might not be a viable solution to a problem we most of us have encountered.

Jason at SD has grown his company based on a similar philosophy. He found a need in the S-10 community and catered to that need with quality products at a fair price. Because of the similarities between these two young men's approach to their respective markets, I think most of us are shocked that Jason would copy the Dropmember.

Yes, he is very capable of designing his own bolt on suspension as he has proven in the past. Unfortunately he chose to replicate the Dropmember and call it his own design. You would expect that from a scumbag like Joe Marrow, but now from someone like Jason.

I would love for Jason to drop by and post his view on this. Jason, what do you say?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"