View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #108
GMBowtie79
Surviving, one day at a time!

Re: Dropmember Competition ?? Have you guys seen this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotgg View Post
i have no affiliation with either of these products they both look like great products to me for someone with no fab skills to get there trucks on the ground

there are about ten guys on here with a man crush on nathan for some reason i don't really under stand every time anyone makes a post about doing a Z or lowering a truck here they come "you should get the drop member"

again i have nothing but respect for all the board members and i think nathan does great work
I think that suggesting to someone that they cut there frame is wreckless(imo). If your going to you should also make the effort to tell them to check there state vehicle codes also. Most states have strict laws that pertain to frame modifications. Alot of states also require vehicle inspections for registration. Many of the people in these forums are young and don't realize that once they do a Z or even a notch they might not be able to register there truck. Most states require any frame modifacations to be done by someone certified to do so. once you cut a frame you lose the structural integraty even if it's fish plated and boxed. a weld will break before a solid piece of steel. That is why most vehicles that have frame work done (like backhalves)are usually used for racing applications and have some sort of rollcage to increase the frames integrity. the Drop crossmember is a better way to go (imo) than a Z and will get the same results without compromising safety! That and there are some issues with insurance companys where IF you get in a accident and someone gets hurt or killed there is a chance that they will deny a claim if there is any indication that your frame mod could have been a factor. Which if it's you thats found at fault and someone is seriously hurt or killed could be devistating. This is my opinion and I presonally wouldn't want my wife and kids going down the Freeway next to someone who just finished there first Z'd frame, has limited welding experiance especially on frames and they where driving it for the first time tring to show off to there friends.

Last edited by GMBowtie79; 08-08-2008 at 12:01 PM.