View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 09:39 PM   #81
HUSSEY

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSSEY View Post
I set my cab 4 in. from the top of the frame to the bottom of the front floor board support (in one of my previous posts). If I were to do it over again, I'd go with 4.25 in. Just from dumb luck, the radiator fit like a glove at that height but a little more to play with would be better.

I haven't had it off the ramps yet so I don't know on height from the fender to the ground. I'll take a tape measure to it and subtract out the height of the ramps when I'm out in the garage later today. But, for setting the height of the cab, I'd use the 4.25 in. as the reference.

One thing I do know is that I'd like to get it a little lower. I'll probably go with some 2 in. drop coil springs.

Good luck with your build!
Ok, I snapped a couple pics. Looks like its somewhere between 6 and 7 inches. I didn't think it would be that low. I need to get it off the ramps to see what it's like but I'm trying to get my running boards mounted up.

*****EDIT*****
After getting most of the swap fabrication done and the truck sitting on the ground with the wheel/tire combination I'm using (245-45R18), the front bumper is riding at 5-1/2 in. off the ground. Having driven it around a bit, I don't think I would want to go any lower on a static stance.

Last edited by HUSSEY; 01-11-2017 at 10:24 PM.
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote