View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 11:43 PM   #11
Rokcrln

Re: Project Lemon Drop: anything but stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc
Not to steal the thread, but Kevin - Is welding the upper rear seam the best way to clean that up? I would like to do that too, and was wondering what the best way is?
If you want the rear seam "shaved" then yes it does need welding and then in my opinion then the best way to finish it from their is to use lead as a filler for anything beyond fill-primer. This part of the cab can get some vibration so I do not feel bondo is a long lasting product for this area. My self I fell the rear seam looks great when you have it stripped to bare metal and use just enough primer and paint as needed leaving a real nice crisp line. The problem I have with welding up this seam is the body does not flow real well at that point. In order to make it flow (to my liking) you would need to cut the roof cack about 3" on each side of the seam and roll out a new filler piece that creats a smooth flow. But this option is big $ because you also need to remove the headliner so you can work both sides of the metal.

Kevin
LFD Inc
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote