View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #118
mjensen

Re: 69 GMC "Ol' Blue"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkpyl View Post
Keep up the good work, your thread is getting my psyched up to start mine. I think I might be a little on the insane side though. Mine is a daily driver and I'm going to try to do the RH outer floor, rocker and cab corner in one weekend. What do you think. Can it be done? Or am I
Thanks! I appreciate the compliment.

You can do it in one weekend for sure, but there is a lot of measuring...measuring....bracing....measuring....measuring some more, and then when you think you have it...measure some more

If this is the first one you have ever done, I would study the excellent threads on this forum and get an idea of what you are about to attempt so that you have a good idea of what to expect, because chances are you will need to replace more than just what you described. For an example, I figured I would just need to replace my rockers, floors and cab corners. Once I removed the rockers, then it revealed the rust (or should I say absence of metal) on the A and B pillars. This set me back on my budget and timeline, but it is was definitely something that needed to be done.

This board is an excellent resource and gives even this novice great confidence that the job will be done right.

If you have any questions, please ask and I'm sure I can find someone who knows the answer

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote